Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Jessica Ortner: Releasing The Emotions That Keep You Stuck and Overweight

So many people commented on this audio from Jessica Ortner. Her story goes right along with the message I want to help people understand: The solution to you weight issues is not in some product or some outside event. It's not about the how much you exercise and eat. It's about what's on the inside - your relationship with yourself, your emotions, your beliefs about yourself and your cellular memories.

Jessica: "The weight loss industry has become a billion dollar industry. The fact that the market is so enormous shows that weight loss is a huge problem for many and that people have the desire to change. People are making the financial sacrifices in the name of weight loss. Yet, as a nation, the percentage of obesity and overweight adults increases every year.

"So we have the desire to change. We are spending the money, doing what we can, but people aren’t getting the results. Not only are we fatter as a culture, but we’re frustrated and very often heartbroken over it. This doesn't make sense.

"Why the struggle to lose weight? What’s th
e missing key to unlock our ability to have a strong and beautiful body? Is it exercising more? Is it a special piece of equipment? Is it all about the food? Is it all carbs? No carbs? High protein? What makes the biggest difference? It can be summed up in two very simple words: your emotions.

"Our emotions not only control our actions, for example, what we eat and how much we exercise, but our emotions create stress. Stress creates an overproduction of a hormone called cortisol and an overproduction of cortisol inhibits us from losing weight and is directly related to abdominal obesity. Stress is the weight gain drug. And many of us are taking this drug daily.

"Our emotions are the missing key to losing weight. It is the ground floor, the foundation. If we don’t address our emotions, we spend all this money learning what to do without actually doing it. And the hormones that stress creates will stop weight loss even if we’re doing everything else right."


Jessica goes on to tell her heart-felt story of her struggle with weight from the time she was 14 years old and how she eventually overcame the struggle by letting it go. She started to look at the issues and emotions around her weight that were keeping her stuck. Armed with her knowledge of meridian tapping or EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) she started to face and work away at the underlying stressors that were making it so difficult for her to lose weight, no matter how many weights she lifted.

When Jessica stopped obsessing over her weight and put her energy into focusing on her emotions, she says the pounds just started melting off effortlessly. Her metabolism shifted drastically to where she didn't gain weight everytime she slipped up or had a big meal the way she used to.

Jessica also shares the testimony of Rhonda Robinson. "Rhonda wrote of her experience during the 2010 World Summit. She said, I tapped along to at least one, but sometimes both of the daily seminars for the length of the summit whether or not the titles seemed to address my issue. The results were dramatic. I stopped wanting/eating sugar for about 2 months. I began to want to exercise. I lost 11 pounds within the 2 months. I began to crave lengthy walks around a beautiful lake not far from my apartment. When the summer came, I decided that I wanted to stabilize my weight and get used to the new me. Then the weather got very hot here in Baltimore, MD and I didn’t get out to walk very much. At the end of the summer, I had still lost another 7 pounds. Just before Thanksgiving, I felt a surge of electricity and I just knew that I

would not gain weight over the holidays. The day after New Year’s I stepped on a good scale, and I had lost another pound instead of gaining anything. All this time since the 2010 Tapping World Summit, I HAVE NOT DIETED or RESTRICTED FOOD AT ALL."

Jessica says she wanted to share this because "Rhonda is one of many who realize the power of
focusing on the emotions. We are really underestimating the power of our emotions."

According to Jessica, this is where we get stuck, "We say we can’t be
happy until we lose the weight. But we can’t lose the weight until we are happy. We
need to come from a place of love and acceptance. Not accepting that you’ll never lose
weight, but accepting that you are worthy of love and happiness even with the extra
weight."

In summary Jessica counsels:
"Let’s stop wasting time judging ourselves only to wake up one day to realize that we
were so lucky and fortunate, but we were too busy criticizing ourselves to see it. Let’s
stop judging ourselves because our children are watching us. Let’s not teach a younger
generation that it’s okay to deny yourself happiness because of the way you think you
look. Let’s make a commitment to tap on the stories we let hold us back. Let’s lead
others by our example, showing others that making excuses about your weight doesn’t
get you anywhere. Let’s exercise as a way to show ourselves love, to experience the
power of our body and mind, but not as a way to punish ourselves for not feeling good
enough. Let’s stop studying weight loss and start studying health. Let’s get curious
about how our digestion works and how food impacts us. Let’s eat a natural diet
because it nourishes us and feels good, instead of food that shuts us down. Let’s have
the courage to face what might be holding us back, knowing that things can change in
an instant."

There is so much heart in Jessica's audio. She really digs down to the root of the issue and nails its foundation, rather than working on surface fixes. I would love to share the whole transcript but it is copyrighted. Let me know if you want to borrow my copy to read it. Jessica provides some wonderful clues on places to look for what is the weight is that you are holding on to.

I know I have seen the effects of emotional weight loss in my life. A year ago I did a few tapping sessions with my friend Victoria to help relieve emotional and spiritual burdens she was carrying from the death of her mother. In a short time we processed through a lot of stuff. Not long after that she came across the products from It Works marketing including the detox wraps. They worked like magic for her! In something like 3 weeks she was down 10 inches and ~14 pounds. I think that once she lifted the emotional weight off her soul, her body was ready to detoxify and drop the junk she'd been collecting.

I think sometimes we avoid dealing with our emotions because we think its going to be such a huge, unmanageable project. Jessica shows that it can be a lot simpler than we think. She committed to doing only 5 minutes of tapping a day. That's it! 5 minutes. Its totally manageable when we just start with baby steps. And it helps to have a friend to help us along the way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment