Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 2 in the Red Room: Physical Pain and the Emotion of Resentment: A Surprising Connection


I woke up in the wee hours of this morning and for some reason my mind turned to a deep resentment I've been holding for 10+ years. Then I check today's line-up for the Tapping World Summit and Here It Is! - an interview with Gwenn Bonnell and Jessica Ortner on Resentment and its connection to physical pain.   How timely is that!?! 


Jessica shared a quote: "Resentment is like lighting yourself on fire and hoping the smoke bothers the other person" Thanks Jess and Gwenn.

Here is Gwenn's 3 step process for exposing and releasing the resentment so we can take our power back, stop lighting ourselves on fire, and choose to invest our energy where it will reap beautiful dividends instead of squandering it in reliving the past:

1. Clearly understand the different aspects of your resentment. Create a list with 3 columns:
i) Who I was resentful at. "I am resentful at..."
ii) Why I felt that resentment, what happened, details, etc. "The Cause.." what they said, what they did, what they didn't do.
iii) How it was affecting me. "The Effect..." financial security, ambitions, feel that loss of control, that struggle for control with the other person, Intimate relationships,

2. Use the information in that list to create an EFT setup statement

3. When the intensity starts to come down, start to put in positives "Even though I feel this resentment, I choose to feel this way, or to look at it from a different perspective, etc..."

Check out the interview for yourself:
2012 TWS Cheryl Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment