Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

I don't have the answers... I just have a God and I know He is good to me and He has the Daily Bread I need.

I started this blog several years ago out of the desire to share with the world the wonderful things I was discovering in my efforts to regain some sanity and stability in my life.  I think I could possibly say I am more stable now and I'm more okay with my lack of sanity (wink, wink, nod, nod to all you mothers out there - sanity can be elusive with 4 small children at home and too many small businesses to count).  And I've also come to the conclusion that I just don't have life figured out for everybody else in the world.  I know how to get my portion of manna for the day - I just get up and it shows up.  Kind of like those children of Israel in the wilderness.  There wasn't a whole lot they had to do other than have the faith to go out and gather the sustenance that had fallen from Heaven. I used to think it was all about me and what I did. Like the song "I loved to chose and see my path; but now, Lead thou me on!" (Lead Kindly Light, John Henry Newman, 1801-1890)  More and more I am learning to Let go, and Let God.
Too bad... I really loved my Pride. I hate to see it go - so deflated.  Nevertheless, Pride is a poor diet.  I'd rather have the nourishment of Daily Bread. (check out this cool vid)
 I know my Heavely Father loves me.  I know that every day he provides for me exactly what I need.  I don't have words to express the blessing that is to me and the gratitude I feel for knowing and having God's grace to live that truth. Wow.  Praise God.
 Speaking of Praise: I flipped open to Psalms 40 this week and found in it the balm of Gilead to sooth my aching soul. Even reading through it again I find so many personal messages from Heavenly Father directly to me.
  3 And he hath put a anew bsong in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.
That's always been my hope and the desire of my heart - that many shall listen to me and trust in the Lord.  but (verse 12)  innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart afaileth me.
 I now know that I don't have the answers for other people.  I can't save the world with all the wonderful things I am learing.  Those lessons are for me.  But there is One who can save the world. In fact He has already done it.  And He has Daily Bread for you too.  Amazingly there is enough and to spare. There is enough bread and enough truth and enough love for all of us in our Savior, Jesus Christ.
 http://jesuschrist.lds.org/SonOfGod/eng/

No comments:

Post a Comment